It is now recognised that inactivity is dangerous for your health
and that sitting for long periods is should be avoided. It has been suggested that the long term health impact from sitting may well be as serious for us as smoking.
protect yourself by;
- Notice what you do and don't do in your work day. What patterns do you have and do they lock you into inactivity?
- buying a tracker such as a fit bit to see how many steps a day you actually take
- put some things out of reach such as your printer so that you have to get up to use them
- set an alarm on your phone to remind you that it is time for you to get up and stretch
- have a buddy agreement so that you both get up when your phone reminds you